POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Collision Detection : Re: Collision Detection Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:10:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Collision Detection
From: Robo210
Date: 31 Oct 2003 00:35:01
Message: <web.3fa1f33040941870b9670050@news.povray.org>
The problem I see with using imaginary spheres is that what I am doing
amounts to dropping 400 pennies on the floor, but not wanting any to
overlap or touch.  I really have no way of finding an object once I drop
it, so checking anything like a radius of a sphere around it is out, unless
I rewrite everything, which would be amazingly hard considering the varible
amount of objects.  I guess I will have to be content with overlaps then, or
else use millions of trace() calls.